Thursday, March 13, 2008

Green Hour Pix

It took me long enough to get these pictures added. Life with a newborn...
Anyway...this is a cool rock we found on our nature walk. It had a shiny spot with shimmering rainbow like flakes of rock that would peel off...




This is one of the peelings from the rock.








Keller and Ella getting excited about some crocuses that were blooming.






A tiny little pine cone. Ella called it a baby pine cone.



A leaf Ella was excited about. I don't know if we'll keep doing this...I've got a lot going on already. The kids loved it though. And now... we're off to tour the State Capitol Building. By the way...do you love Keller's mismatched outfit? He looks pretty homeless.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristy, it looks like they had so much fun. I love the look on Ella's face when she is pointing our that the plant is blooming. It's so fun to see what they get excited about. And Kell's outfit is priceless.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Love you!

Jen-ben said...

how fun!! wasn't it SO nice outside yesterday??? HEAVEN!

Lindsay said...

Homeless...ha ha ha, we're right there with ya, on a daily basis.

You have more energy than I can even imagine, I would sink into a depression at the thought of hauling all my kids to the capital building - good for you.

Emily said...

You want to see homeless - check out Macy's outfit last Sunday. I actually chuckled when I saw Keller's outfit. It reminded me of my own kids. You're an amazing mother! I wish I could come to your school! I would learn so much

Anonymous said...

I was excited to see crocuses this week too! I'm so sick of winter, these challenges are fun just because they get us out of the house. Thanks for sharing!

Tammy said...

For a rock, that is pretty darn cool! I wonder what kind it is???

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ritsumei said...

That is a fabulous rock! I love your kids' expressions - they look so happy. And I didn't even notice the mismatch clothes... isn't that just a sign that he dresses himself?