Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hijacking - Part 2


It's me, James again. I had one more thought that came to me a few days before the previous one and thought I'd share that too. The other day, as I was pondering while driving in the car somewhat of a parable or parallel came to my mind. The thought occurred to me that reading and praying everyday is like regularly contributing to your savings account. So often it is said, “Pay yourself first” in order to encourage people to contribute to their 401K plans and set aside cash for a rainy day. I have no problem saving money. It is something I want to do. It is something I have made a habit of doing. I should also contribute to my spiritual savings account. Those contributions, for me, need to be made daily thru scripture study and prayer. I know that if I will do this that I will be blessed to find greater blessings from the Lord. He will bless me in the fight against the adversary and will help me be a strong leader to my precious family. There are other parallels that can be drawn from this such as compounding interest being compared to the grace of God and the atonement. Or that when the stock market is low it is usually a good time to invest because of the inevitable rebound in the market. This might be compared to the especial need to read and pray when times are tough and often the Lord will bless you with greater rewards/returns. The main thing that really stands out to me at the moment though is the need to contribute daily to my spiritual savings so that when I retire I might be blessed to have a mansion in heaven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, good thoughts, something we always need to be reminded of.

Lindsay said...

I love that last sentence