Wednesday, December 19, 2007

This Blog Has Been Hijacked!!!


Hi I'm James, Kristy's husband. I'm hijacking Kristy's blog to post a thought that had an impact on me recently and I can't get it out of my head. Since I don't have a blog of my own, and if I did, I'm sure no one would read it, I thought I'd post on my lovely wife's blog instead. So here goes...
A couple weeks ago, I had been helping the kids clean for a couple hours. I had told them several times throughout the day to put things away when they were done playing with them. Kristy and I have been preaching this for as long as they’ve been alive but it seemed to be a theme throughout the day yesterday. So at the end of the day Ella went outside for all of 5 minutes. Shortly thereafter I got in the car to go pick up some dinner and of course Ella had left out her bike, scooter, and a push toy. I discovered this because as I backed out of the driveway I could hear something dragging under the car. It infuriated me to the point that I had to just drive away because I knew I would blow a gasket on Ella if I got out and came into the house to yet again reiterate the day’s theme and tell her to clean up after herself. After a few minutes the steam blew off and I instantly stared to laugh when the thought came to my mind that this is probably how God feels about me. He tells me over, and over, and over, and over again to read and pray EVERY day. I am probably prompted at least once a week to "pick up" (get it?) the pace and yet I don’t do it. How grateful I am for the Lord’s patience with me, for His infinite mercy. I hope I remember these lessons and am more patient and gentle in my admonitions to my children in the future, and also that I might not try the Lord’s patience any further!

3 comments:

Emily said...

James, I know you don't know me, but I have had this same thought several times before. I think we must be like three-year-olds to Heavenly Father. He keeps trying to teach us what we need to know, and we just keep asking, "Why?" Thanks for your insight.

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts, bro. Thanks for sharing, I would read your blog if you had one.
Oh, and that picture of Ella, priceless!

Lindsay said...

Nice James, I also have had that thought...love ella's picture.