Thursday, March 11, 2010

No, Seriously! I'm Actually Posting! I Know!




I Love My Life!
I have the best life out of all of you hands down, guaranteed! Every morning I wake up and think to myself "What fun surprises are going to happen to me today?" "I am the luckiest mother in the world!" "My children are such a delight!"

Perhaps it will be gum in Mary's hair? We don't allow her to have gum, yet somehow a piece found her mouth, got chewed up, and of course, wound up in her hair.

Maybe Kate will find my camera?




If it's a really special day, Kate might wander into the office unattended, climb up onto the desk, locate a Sharpie, and scribble all over the computer monitor and office furniture. Her dad then, if we're lucky, may contemplate leaving home. Don't have pix of that one, was too busy coaxing husband to stay married to us.

Only my precious children would think of throwing three books into the bathtub to disintegrate into very very small particles of pulp. I had to get creative cleaning that one up, but like I said, I am soooo blessed!

The always popular crayon/pencil/pen/marker on the wall! It just makes my day!!! I never know when I'm going to turn the corner and find that unexpected joy!

Makeup is a perennial favorite! Many a time I've come upstairs to my bathroom and found Mary into bottles, jars, tubes, and compacts.
Bath salts scattered on the floor? Why yes!
Lipstick dug out of the tube? Of course!
Mascara smeared on eyebrows? Check!



And then there's the stunt that is the best of all: Poop in the crib. Everywhere. So that you have to take two days out of your very busy life and clean and disinfect it all. This gift was brought to me by Kate. Thank you Kate. Oh, it just makes a mother's heart absolutely sing!

Now tell me: Am I not blessed and lucky?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! I still can't get over that picture of mary's eyebrows.

Oh, kids.

Lindsay said...

I don't sense a whif of sarcasm whatsoever! This reminds me of some blogs I read where I'm like, Really? Is your life really that great and your kids that awesome? Except they are serious...

And thank you for posting again!

Emily said...

Hahaha

A few weeks ago, my Macy (about Mary's age) walked out to the minivan for church looking like a hooker (from the neck up). I am so lucky that I didn't discover this until we were at church. I wiped down as much as possible, but there was still a significant amount of glitter on her face.

I love it when our children like to illustrate how blessed they make our lives - in public.