Thursday, October 23, 2008

Just A Cute Scene I Saw


So I've seen this particular cute thing happen several times now. On Saturdays, we're usually busy going to Keller's football games. (Yes fellow Alta Hawks, that's a Brighton uni). This is Keller's first year playing as it is for most of the other boys he plays with. They are about 8 or 9 years old. They look adorable and tiny in their pads and uniforms. The referee for most of the games is this teenage kid who looks like he might be a high school football player? Not sure. But he's young. When the play starts and the ball is snapped, like most young sporties, all the players kind of just follow the ball around on the field. When the running back (or the kid who runs with the ball) finally gets tackled, they all dogpile on top of him and everyone winds up in a five foot stack of flailing arms and legs. The ref comes over and stars grabbing these little kids by their shoulder pads, picking them up in the air and setting them on their feet one by one, just like you would for a toddler who was learning to walk. I can't explain why it's so cute. And I'm not sure the cuteness is coming through in my words, but it just makes me smile every time. It makes them seem even smaller. Like little baby puppies or something.

Another moment of football cuteness: The smallest kid on our team (and I mean he's TEENY) ran and tackled the biggest kid on the other team while he was running for a touchdown last Saturday. I mean, he took that big kid DOWN! It was awesome and hilarious.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I still want to come see him play!

Emily said...

What a good woman to encourage football. I can't even make it through a 4-week stint of T-ball. And yes, it does sound adorable.

Where/when/why/how are you moving??? We'll need a post on that when you get a minute. :)