Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Lacy Bonnet by Erika Knight


Here is the Lacy Bonnet. I just put the bows on last night.


Here's Kate, eating the bow, like I knew she would.


My lips are permanently attached to those cheeks. And why wouldn't they be?


The back view of the starflower lacy pattern. I love that little bit of neck peeking out. The pattern came from the book Knitting for Two by Erika Knight. Things I learned:
How to make a stitch without leaving a hole in the work.
How to pick up stitches and knit them.
The hardest part was making the bows. Go figure.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

GA, GA! I LOVE IT! gimme, gimme!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Love it! Love it! I want to kiss her too, look how cute she is!

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous! and so is the baby!

Andrea said...

Hi,
You don't know me (I'm a client/friend of Jen's). I just wanted to say that I think your post on her blog was really, really sweet. It's nice to hear people say things like that instead of, "Oh, I think 1 or 2 will be plenty for me. They're just so much work..."

Unknown said...

HI! i saw your blog link off Jennys so I thought I would come and check it out!! Your kids are getting SO big and as cute as ever.

you can check out my blog anytime it is ariannegreganika.blogspot.com

it was good to see you at Jenny and Jeanne's baby blessings! I can't believe how much that ward is growing and how many young families there are! So fun!!!

Rob and Tam said...

Soooo cute! You did a great job! How much would you charge to make me one when another daughter joins our family? Kate is sooo cute. I don't blame you for always kissing those cute cheeks. I miss you guys.

natalie said...

darling little bonnet--love it! still can't believe you made it :) we'll miss you guys when you leave--see you wednesday!!