Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Does Your Mother Know?...


Well ladies, this doesn’t happen very often, but I saw a movie last night that I think every woman needs to see! Yes, it’s Mamma Mia! Don’t be scared. This movie is 100% pure untestosteronated (yes, that’s a home made word, y’all) fun. Lots of dancing, singing, skipping, flirting, and celebrating being a frilly, silly, emotional girl. It made me so happy to be a woman, and so happy to have daughters. I always pictured a house full of wild boys when we set out on the parenthood path, but instead I’ve got a house full of girls, and as dumb as this sounds, it took seeing a movie like this for me to finally figure out what an honor it is to have them around.

So….

Grab your mother,

Grab your friends,

Grab your sisters,

Put on a costume, fire up your ABBA tunes, and get ready to unleash your inner Dancing Queen!

Oh. But first? Two warnings:

First- Do not. Take. A. Man. With. You. He will roll his eyes, tell you how gay and lame this movie is, sigh, and wear a glazed expression throughout the whole movie and in short, he will spoil your good time.

Second-When Pierce Brosnan looks as if he is going to sing, close your eyes, plug your ears, and hum. It’ll be over soon, darling, and then you can get back to the girly fun…


Why are you still sitting there?! Leave the kids with the husband, and go, girl! Go!


7 comments:

Fauset Photography said...

SO GOOD TO KNOW!!! Thanks!

Lindsay said...

Woo hoo! Ok, here I go!

Anonymous said...

I heard this was good, and I heard Pierce was bad. I do want to see it.

Anonymous said...

You know, I had never even heard of ABBA until my freshman year at BYU and two of my roommates would dress up, crank ABBA up, and we'd all sing and dance on Friday nights when none of us had a date. Good times.

Emily said...

I LOVE ABBA (and I'm not afraid to admit it). We actually saw the Broadway touring company a few years ago when they came to Salt Lake. It was so much fun. After the show, they sing all the popular ABBA songs and people dance and sing along in the aisles. It was a blast! Although my deadbeat of a husband would not dance with me (big surprise there - he absolutely refuses to dance in public - or private). I can't wait to see the movie. Who wants to go with me?

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristy, It has been a long, long while! James passed on your blog address. LOVE IT. Adorable family!

I saw Mamma Mia with my sisters. We laughed the entire time- especially at Pierce. :)

Jen-ben said...

took your advice and saw it, thanks for recommendation!