Friday, April 18, 2008

Weekly Report Week 1

The image “http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/triviumacademy/WeeklyReportBanner.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.



This week we're still easing back into the schedule of school. Kate is just barely starting to be a little bit predictable with her naps, and I think all of us are really anxious to get back into school!
This won't look like much, but it's a beginning!

Math: Keller did two pages of Singapore this week and to my relief he flew through, and was able to do most of it in his head. Ella loves her Singapore work book. She's doing great.

Reading: Keller is reading White Star. It's about a dog on the Titanic, so of course, he loves it. Ella is amazing me with her reading ability. Seriously, I taught her the sounds that the letters make, and she's done the rest. She's reading scripture verses with almost no hesitation. She seems to understand what she's reading. She's a sharp one.

Writing: Haven't done our journal pages, but I've got the blank pages copied off and ready to go.

History: We finished our ancient studies! Rome has succumbed to the various Barbarians. They did their map work, outlining the East and West Roman Empires, and also the final map, where they named and colored the continents and major countries that we studied. Next week, we're moving on to the bold middle ages. Yay!

I ordered a grammar program for both the kids, a microscope, and a surprise piano course for Keller (and Ella?). Watch next Friday for the next weekly report and we'll see how the new programs work out. We've been doing school at the kitchen table instead of in the school room. Katie sleeps in her swing and I can be doing dishes while they work on their stuff.

Hey, it's a start.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yeah, it's a start - much more that I'm doing!

Anonymous said...

Oooohh, I want a microscope! We're just getting started with Rome right now. What grammar program did you get? We've been using FLL, and we all like it, but I just never seem to get around to doing it. I think the problem is me, not necessarily the program.

Looks like a good week easing back into school.

Emily said...

It's an amazing start! I really like Singapore Math. Isn't it great when you teach them one thing and they just roll with it. I love peeking in on your homeschooling. You are very inspirational.

p.s. My kids were never on any kind of schedule earlier than four months, and Paige (my last one) took A LOT longer than that.

Jen-ben said...

you're amazing...like always.