Wednesday, March 05, 2008

From the Teacher's Desk

The lazy girl's guide to the library:

1. Go to your library's website.
2. Choose the books you want (you can browse around by author, subject, title, and more) and put them on hold using your library card number. It doesn't matter if the book you want is already at your regular library, put it on hold anyway.
3. Check your library account in a few days and make sure all items you've put on hold for the week are there.
4. Go to the library where you've chosen to have your books delivered.
5. Go to the hold shelf and locate the letter of your last name.
6. Pick up your books and check them out. Make it out of the library in five minutes flat, even with four kids in tow.
7. Go home and read.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE library holds. My sister asked me about it the other day, and I told her that's the only way I get the library. What could be easier!

Anonymous said...

I love this about our library. I used to work at a library and we couldn't put a hold on a book if it was checked in. It was so annoying. This is one of my lifesavers for homeschooling.

Tammy said...

We do this all the time too. It drives the librarians nuts, but they still continue to pull them for us. It sure is a time saver.

Unknown said...

You forgot the most important thing for those lazy girls...join a website called library elf at www.libraryelf.com . If your library participates, it will send you reminders for all of the hold expirations and due dates. This free service has been a "lazy girl lifesaver" for me.

Kristy said...

Thanks for the tip about libraryelf.com. I'd never heard about that!