Friday, March 28, 2008

A Day in the Life of a Super Hero!



Hi, James again... I just wanted to take a moment to tell my wife "THANK YOU!!!" Thank you for everything you do every day. If you ask Kristy what she accomplished today she would most likely say, "Not much." But let me just take a moment to brag about what she really did today... and tell her thanks along the way. I was at work today, so unfortunately I can't tell you ALL the wonderful things she accomplished today, I can only tell you what I saw or can see the results of. Kristy changed Mary's poopy diaper and didn't make me do it. Thank You Kristy. She made sure she took care of a ticket she got because I forgot to register her car. Thank you! Kristy did the laudry. Thank you. She folded the laundry. Thank you. She cleaned BOTH of the bathrooms and now they sparkle. Thank you, they look fantastic! She mopped the kitchen floor. Thank you. She did the dishes. She wiped down the counters. The kitchen is spotless! Thank you, Kristy! She made a blanket to give to a pregnant friend. Thanks! She organized the hand off of our children to the grandparents for a trip we are leaving on tomorrow. Thank you! She got the kids all packed and ready. Thank you. She prepared dinner, fed the kids dinner, AND cleaned up after them all by herself while I entertained a guest. Thank You! Now all this might sound like a big deal... but that's not even the most important part. She gave Mary that special one-on-one time she craves...several times. (That was so cute watching the two of you say prayers together!) Thank you. She didn't lose her temper with Mary when she woke up the baby, almost broke the baby's swing, almost broke Lindsay's bouncy chair, or drag out laundry Kristy had been folding. Thank you, Kristy. She made Ella feel special by letting ONLY her go with Kristy to the store to pick out some shoes. Thank you! Now, in contrast, while Kristy and Ella were at the store may I just tell you what I accomplished. Um, I held the baby. Watched some basketball on TV. Uh, I held the baby. I had Keller keep Mary busy. And boy was I tired and frazzled after all that! Whew, was I glad when Kristy made it home! She was gone a WHOLE HOUR! (Notice the sarcasm there.) As you can see I am married to a super hero of a woman. The things I've listed are only a small portion of what she did today... I was at work and so I missed lunch time, nap time, probably several kissed owies, comforting hugs, and many words of encouragement and affirmation. Thank you, Kristy. You are SO incredible with our children. You are such a wonderful mother to them. They adore you! There is a reason Mary has a melt down when you leave... you are great with the children. If I was two years old, I'd cry every time I had to be away from you too. Thank you for managing our home. You do a great job... much better than you give yourself credit for. I am so happy with everything you do and are. You are so appreciated, so loved, so adored, so admired and needed. Honestly Kristy, I don't know how you do it. You truly do amaze me. I love you so much. You really are a....


(I couldn't find a "Superwoman" logo... sorry.)

7 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! That's more than I accomplish in an entire week. You are amazing! Have fun on your vacation!

Lindsay said...

Yes she is Super Woman. She may feel "inferior" to my organization skills. But I bet in the end it's not going to make one bit of difference whether the kids or you are going to remember whether the house was organized or not. What you and your kids will remember is what a hard working mother they have. The enormous amounts of patiece she has, the unconditional love she has, that their mommy wasn't a yeller, that she had the patience and love and desire to teach them - better than anyone else could, and that she does and already has done more in this life for her kids than I ever could imagine doing for mine.

You ARE so awesome Kristy, I totally admire you, I wish I could be like you! I mean it!

Anonymous said...

It's about time James acknowledged how LUCKY he is ;)

AMEN! Great job Kristy! You are a SuperWoman!

Tammy said...

Wow, what an amazing post.

Yes, I'm amazed at what you accomplished, but I'm a mom, so I get it. lol. What I am SUPER amazed with is the acknowledgement from your hubby. Lots of women don't have that kind of support. Sounds like he's great. You guys make a good team with your kids. :)

Hope you have an awesome vacation!

Anonymous said...

Good job, James, you earned major points with your wife from that one! Most of us moms know that we can put up with a lot of stuff if only we get a nice big "Thank you!" from time to time. Being a mom is work, 24-7, and it's great to have your husband acknowledge and thank you for it! You picked a winner, Kristy!

Andrew Lambert said...

Robin said to me last night, "Have you seen how James hijacked Kristy's blog again?" She then suggested I read this great tribute that James wrote and learn from it in my own recognition of my wife. Thanks for setting the example yet again, James.

Kassie said...

what a sweet tribute! I listened to Elder Ballard's talk today about his wife and all she does. It's nice when husbands publicly acknowledge their wives efforts.