Saturday, March 22, 2008

Classic Cashmere Sweater by Erika Knight

This is a sweater I knitted for Kate. The pattern is found in 'Simple Knits for Cherished Babies' . Things I learned with this project:
*Mattress stitch
*Casting on at the beginning of a row.
*Casting off in the middle of a row.
*When putting stitches on a stitch holder, make sure the right end is at the point of the needle when you slip them back on!

Thanks to my cute model Katie.

This is a close up of the mattress stitch. You use it when you sew pieces of knitting together. You can't see the seam, can you? It's magical.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I wouldn't have one clue about where to even start, so the entire thing is a miracle to me! You just amaze me with all the things you do! And Kate looks just adorable! I love the red!

Anonymous said...

It turned out way cute! I love the red. You seriously are talented! I wouldn't even know...

Lindsay said...

Darling, I love seeing the end result of your Sunday night workings...

Unknown said...

Wow! That is so impressive. The sweater is adorable and so is Kate. You should teach us how to at a LAW night sometime.

Jen-ben said...

That is amazing!! Wow!!!

Kassie said...

I'm so impressed. I can't knit to save my life. How did you find time to do that with a newborn?