Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Memory Lane

I'm gonna do something really dumb and post some of the things people wrote in my high school yearbook, senior year (1994). Yes, that's me in the photo. I used to get up at five in the morning to get my hair to look like that. Wow. I should have slept in.

"Kristy
Well it's been a long one huh? Word processing was killer. That's when I decided I had a crush on you, the first day. I can honestly say you are one of the coolest girls I know, I just can't believe that my #1 sexiest girl is leaving me without a date. Take care don't forget me. I know I won't forget you Mike Hansen P.S. Call me so I can ask you out."

"I don't know you but your name is most likely Kristy. That is a very beautiful name kind of like you. Have a good summer. Mike."

"Girl, I dream! sometimes i look at rocks. I like to drive. I like to be human. I hate boiled hot dogs and cotingslingers. Cory Lynn Jacobs"

"Kristy my little one I'm going to put you in my suitcase and take you to a foreign land. your bud Nate Richins"

"Kristy helpful hints:
When you get hungry this summer make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich they taste great.
And when you think about doing somethign bad think of the consequence of a naked man jumping a barbed wire fence. Call me and we'll go out Adam Hunt"

"Hey Kristy
Howdy little pretty woman. I hope you remember our saran wrap job on Mrs. Fewkes portable. You probably do that's something you don't forget. Have the funniest life. C.J."

"Hooker!
Your the hottest on 2nd and State! I (heart) ya tonz and keep in touch (heart) Lindsay Jensen"

"Kristy and the Shalimar. Wow. Well, have a super life. You are very beautiful. Someone thinks you are special, I do. Love Mandi Erekson"

"Kristy, or as Joe says fatty,
you are one crazy girl. I love to be around you when a cute boy walks by. It's the funnest. Have a good time graduating FINALLY can you believe it? Take care. Call me and we'll go party. Erin Martin"

"Kristy-
I didn't know you too well, but don't ever steal my markers or I'll break your leg. Have a great summer. Tyler Crayk"

This one is from the hottest guy in the whole school. Yes, he was my boyfriend's best friend and I had a huge crush on him:
"Kristy It's been fun. I'm glad I got to know you a little better. I hope everything works out for you and Andy. He is a great guy take care of him for me when I leave. Best of luck Matt Smo"

And now these from my best friends. I still get together with them every month. I'm seeing them tonight, in fact:

"Hi Tiny your my littlest bud and you will always share a place in my heart I know that we will never lose touch. Good luck with Andy and keep him happy Love Chelci"

"Kristy Hey chic! This is the saddest thing ever but I know we will always stay friends. This was the funnest year ever and we have to have a kick ass summer! You are the bestest friend in the whole world. I know I am the biggest cheezer but what in the hell am I supposed to write? BFAAA Love, Jaycee"

Kristy Killer Babe-
Hey girl, you rock my world! Well we made it! Thanks for being a totally great friend!! (Talk to me goose!) I hope everything is groovin' next year. We have to stay in touch forever! I love ya tons!! The Courtster you know the #"

"Kris-
Yo chic! What's up with you? The memories we've shared have been the best. I love you to death and I will miss you more than life itself. But you're the best. Good luck with Andy You better write me and keep me updated Call me too! I love you-this isn't the end! (heart) ya Kole P.S. never forget cutie and hotty-they're the highlight of our senior year!"

"Kristy "cute" Keller-
Hey you hanging? This yr. has royally rocked. "Como?" I know that's what you're thinking huh? No lie. too bad you and your soccer player boyfriend are so cute together. A match made in heaven. We can't have a lame summer and not call each other or hang together K? I can't believe we're finally out of here. It's sad but cool @ the same time! Rock On! Shana Ulrich"

What does your yearbook say? I love it how everyone wants you to call them so you can go "party". I always halfway wanted to call some of these people (that I barely knew) over the summer and say "Well you said you wanted to party, so let's party!"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so funny. I guess maybe I will have to go read mine, we have our 10 year reunion this summer. Oh, all the people I never wanted to see again ;)

I know mine has a lot of the "call me and we'll party" and "have a bitchin' summer". And a couple of confessions from guys who never dared to ask me out (which sucks cause if they had, I might have actually dated in high school).
It's funny how we talked about high school boyfriends like they would always be your one and only, but where are they now. And I love that you still keep in touch with your friends.

Anyway, love this post, too funny. And your hair was totally worth it! Have fun tonight.

Jen-ben said...

OK, that is so hilarious! What meaningful sentences... :) We graduated the same year...I should look through mine. At least your senior picture is cute, mine is quite hideous. Of course not near as awful as my freshman year, talk about scary!
You, Lindsay, Emily and I need to go out one of these days!

Jen-ben said...

p.s. U R 2 Cute
2 B
----------
4 gotten.

Remember that one??

Lindsay said...

Crack up! That is great, I just might have to go scrounge up my year book and do a post on this too. You ARE hot! Didn't everyones year book pretty much have the same 3 phrases? That's great.

Love the new layout by the way

Anonymous said...

Wow, Erin Martin was my older brother's girlfriend! At least, I think her last name was Martin and she was a year younger than me and went to Alta, so I think that's her. Long straight brown hair?

Anyway, what makes me chuckle is how everyone tries so hard to say something witty and clever, especially making references to inside jokes that used to seem sooo funny, and now you're like, what? Either you don't remember them, or they just seem kind of dumb now. Anyway, I'll have to go look up mine, now.

Anonymous said...

P.S. You kind of look like Jessica Alba in that picture. At least you don't have the big bangs or nineties frizy perm look!

Stephanie F. said...

Glad I snooped on your blog today! That was the perfect post for me to read, cuz that's how I remember you! haha My family calls a game "Nate Richins" because of how he played a card game we liked. I totally had a crush on Matt S! Wow, I bet he's still hot. I'll have to dig out my yearbook too!

Stephanie F. said...

Do any of your high school friends blog? Chardell & Abi on my blog graduated with us.

Emily said...

Hilarious! This as actually sparked my curiosity in my old yearbooks. I'll have to take a look. Where did you go to school? I love the big bangs! No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get my hair to do it. I was totally jealous of girls like you with your big, curly, "perfect" hair.

Chardell said...

Hey! It's Chardell (Mason). Stephanie told me about your blog. Hope you don't mind the my snooping. This post is so great! It makes me want to dig out my yearbooks. (I have no idea where they are).