Saturday, January 05, 2008

A Really Wonderful Day



Keller was baptized today and it was such a happy event! I felt the Spirit several times during the day and was so touched by the love of our family and friends who were there to encourage Keller in his decision to be baptized. Not that he needed any encouragement. He has been so excited for this day to come. He kept saying to James and I (afterward) "I love being baptized! I'm just so excited!" James told him that the joyful excited feeling he felt was the Holy Ghost telling him that he'd made a good choice.
After the lunch at our house, James and I gave him his scriptures. He was thrilled! He had to take them to the restaurant that we went to for dinner. I don't think they've left his hands all afternoon/evening. He just now came into the room and showed me a scripture verse that he'd found in the Bible that he loved and I guess I'll end this post with it:

"Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Just a fantastic day, full of the love of God and the joy of what life is really about.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

He is such a sweet boy, we were happy we could be there to celebrate his day with him.

Andrew Lambert said...

What a cute family. Such a happy event in the lives of those who love the Lord!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome boy! Thanks for letting us share the day with you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Keller! What a special day for you. You made a great decision. You are a good example to your friend Erik.

Stephanie F. said...

Hi! I was snooping through Lindsay's friends and found you. You went to Alta right? Now I'm wondering how you know Lindsay, I'm in her ward :) My son is turning 8 this year, yikes! ~Stephanie (Hintze) Fairbank