Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Love and Money

The cool thing about money is that it's all relative. What I mean by that is that there's always someone with more money than you. On the other hand, there's always someone with less. This fact makes it easy to feel either very grateful and blessed, or deprived and denied, depending on how you choose to look at your life. I've been on the poor side of the tracks when it never seemed like there would be enough money for anything, but we were always happy. We never knew how poor we were! Even at the times when I couldn't buy a magazine without upsetting the family budget, there was always someone with less. Always, there was a reason to feel blessed. Like we had enough.

The cool thing about love is that it's not relative. If you have love, you have it. There's no comparing how much love you have in your heart with how much someone else has. You have it, it makes your life rich, and makes you happy, and that's it.

What else is love but understanding and rejoicing in the fact that another person lives, acts, and experiences otherwise than we do…?
-Friedrich Nietzsche

1 comment:

Angela said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog and the link to the article. It has been a crazy year for me. My husband took a new job and that changed everything for me. Some days I have to say, I am hanging on to the life jacket! I appreciate your comments!