Monday, February 04, 2008

Back to School

We started up school again today and I'm happy to report that it went much better than I anticipated. Also, I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would! I've been feeling so overwhelmed lately wondering how I was going to balance school with everything else. My patience has been really short too, so I was worried about that. I decided that instead of trying to keep doing our morning schedule (8am-noon), and struggle with trying to find something to keep Mary occupied during that time, we would try an afternoon schedule for school while the babies were taking their naps. This turned out to be a good plan. Less stress for everybody involved. It looks like the kids, in spite of our huge long break, haven't forgotten everything they've ever learned. Their math and reading skills appeared to be as sharp as ever. Yay.
Here's to small miracles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found a way to make it all work, I can't even imagine. Major props to you! Thanks for letting me interupt for a minute to see you yesterday. I love how excited the kids were to show me what they were working on.

Lindsay said...

I am missing your posts! Write soon! I know how crazy it is with a wee babe and 3 straglers, but please think of us who want to hear from you!