Saturday, January 26, 2008

Questions

Why does a new baby put the entire family into emotional free fall?
Why aren't babies born with stomachs that WORK?
Why can't we fit into our regular jeans the day after the baby is born?
In the Anne of Green Gables series of books, when Anne marries and has kids of her own, there is a woman who lives with them and does the cooking, cleaning, and occasional watching of the kids. Where did these women go? Why do only the ultra rich have "help" nowadays?
How can babies sense that they're not being held?
When will I feel normal again?
Why would we do it all over again?
Why does it have to be so physically traumatic to give birth?
Why am I ALWAYS low on iron?
Why can't kids just do what you ask?
Why do they have to drag out every toy and leave it where it drops?
How do I juggle it all?
Why do I want to eat nothing but chocolate?
Why does life have to be hard?

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ooh! I love you! I have asked every one of these myself, don't you just love the funky funk after you have a baby? UHG!
Remember, I'm just a ringy dingy away, And I can sympathize with you - it was good to talk to you. Let's hang out...

Anonymous said...

Free falling can be exhilarating.
I want to know why my breasts don't work anymore.
Babies like squishy mommies.
Amen to the "help" idea. I think they do that in other countries, but apparently our society is too "progressive".
Buying new jeans will help stimulate the economy, right?
Welcome to the new normal. No sleep, yelling at your other kids because you're feeding the baby and can't stand up, not a clean dish or pair of underwear in the house...yeah, that's normal.
The rest of it...when you find out, let me know!

Anonymous said...

Amen! I wish I had any answers, I am still asking many of those questions and my baby is nearly one!

Jen-ben said...

My eternal optomist....I am so glad to hear you complain for a bit! :) doesn't having a baby completely turn your world upside down?! You will be normal in a year. As for the rest...let us know if you find the answer!! Hang in there! You are a fabulous MOM! Take a nap, take a break from all kids- even if it's just for 30 min. in the middle of the day-, and eat all the chocolate you want!!!

Emily said...

I love the wonderful, peaceful feeling that exists when a new baby is born (when all the other kids are in bed, and the baby is fed, happy, and sleeping - I'm sure you're aware of those two minutes of the day). But, it is so confusing to feel so much joy and so much insanity at once! Good luck with the emotional rollercoaster and know that we all feel for you!