Monday, November 19, 2007

The Weekly Prediction

Our weekly menu:
Monday: Taco Salad
Tuesday: Spaghetti
Wednesday: White Chili
Thursday: Thanksgiving
Friday: Turkey Sandwiches
Saturday: Pizza or go out
Sunday: Turkey Sandwiches

My to do list:
Order James's Christmas gift
Order next week's library books
Make reminder cards for talks in primary
Order scriptures for Kell
Plan Keller's birthday party
Call mom about Christmas present ideas for the kids
Call Regan and plan Christmas Primary activity
Wrap Morgan's gift
Chop fruit and make dip for Co-op party
Make stuffing and cream cheese filling for pumpkin roll

Our library books this week:
Shakespeare: the animated tales (Julius Ceasar)
Julius Caesar: great dictator of Rome
Scat, Cat!
Mousekin's Thanksgiving
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Thanksgiving
Ancient Rome and Pompeii
Three Young Pilgrims
Miss Swiss
Hunk of Junk
Apollo 13: space emergency
The Celts
Roman numerals I to MM
Thanksgiving on Thursday
The Usborne first encyclopedia of space
Space Disasters
Cleopatra the queen of kings
Twister on Tuesday
Thanksgiving is...

2 comments:

Emily said...

When you say, "Booklist for the Week," do you actually get through all those books in one week? Also, do you add any fiction books into what you're studying. For example, my son read a Magic Treehouse Book about Pompei about six months ago, and he still talks about it. I was just wondering if you "supplement" with these books or if your kids just read for fun. Thanks for giving me the education on what you do. It's amazing!

Kristy said...

A lot of these books are for my little kindergartner Ella. I read aloud from most of them, but others, like the Magic Treehouse ones, are Keller's independent reads. He has just recently started reading for fun, and today, he read one of the science books on Apollo 13 without any suggestion on my part! That's progress for us! Keller's a kid who would much rather be doing than reading. I read the science aloud as part of our science lesson, and the history ones I are read alouds after I've finished reading from The Story of the World, just as supplemental and fun additional info. There are usually some left over that we haven't read. We do return them all at the end of the week and my new ones are ready to be picked up the same day. I order them all ahead of time and they're all right there on a shelf for me at the library. It saves tons of time! Wow, this was a long comment!